Pomelo Salad (Yam Som O) with Kanten Flakes (ポメロサラダ-寒天フレーク入り）
One of my memorable Thai salad is this Pomelo salad (Yam Som O) while I have lived in Singapore where people can easily travel to Thailand. Luckily we are still able to get Pomelo here in Canada too thanks to many Asian supermarkets!
The salad is very refreshing and has exotic flavour. And don't forget our KANTEN FLAKES! Kanten flakes are 100% made from red seaweed. They have virtually no calories and are an excellent source of dietary fibre (80% by content) intake. It's a great addition of chewy texture to salad as well.
<Pomelo Salad (Yam Som O) with Kanten Flakes Recipe>
[Ingredients for 4 servings]
-Kanten Flakes A handful (寒天フレーク 一掴み分）
-Cilantro leaves A handful（パクチー、一掴み分）
2. Soak the kanten in water for 5 mins. Drain off the water thoroughly from the kanten.
3. Shred carrots and onions. (You can boil vegetables lightly.) Tear cilantro and pomelo into bite-size pieces by hands.
4. Roast peanuts lightly, then chop them.
5. Mix all the ingredients and sauce well in a bowl. Enjoy!
*You can add chili powder if you like it spicy.
3. ニンジンと玉ねぎを細切りにします。（お好みで軽く茹でても良し。) パクチーとポメロは手で一口サイズにちぎります。